Job title: Technician
Reporting Line: Bram Herpers
Who we are looking for:
We seek an enthusiastic, smart and dedicated technician who is experienced in mammalian cell culture and primary material to join our team at our site on the Leiden BioScience Park, in The Netherlands.
The candidate will join a team of scientists that works on the development of 3D-cultured patient-derived culture models for commercial projects. Your main duty is to undertake lab activities for customer- and internal projects under the direction of project leader(s). You will contribute to the expansion, cryopreservation and testing of primary material. In addition, you will be responsible for preparation of cultured cells for customer screens, contribute to experiments and general lab duties.
- Planning and executing experiments independently for commercial and internal projects under the direction of project leaders (on daily basis)
- Performing laboratory tasks: cell culture, tissue isolation, seed 384 well plates using liquid handlers, prepare PBMCs and other immune cells, fix culture plates, capture images using automated microscopes and run ELISAs
- Standardization and prioritization of material from their starting point of complexity (solid tumors, liquids, huge-tiny volume, etc.)
- Carry out tasks and quality control accurately by following standard operating procedures
- Able to speak, record activities in lab books in English
- Interpret findings and report results to senior colleagues
- Perform literature research and contribute with ideas for development or improving experiments or research questions
- Prepare and store samples and reagents
- Help to keep equipment and labs in a clean and workable condition
- Graduation from an HLO, MSc or BSc training in Life Sciences or similar in the last 10 years
- At least 2-3 years of relevant working experience
- Experience in mammalian cell culture, cell-based assays and primary material is essential
- Experience in CRO, industry or GMP environment is a pro
- Interest in/understanding of the complex cell material for developing clinical solutions
- Available for at least 36 hours per week
- Flexible and creative
- Excellent communication skills
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Working accurate, precise, and clean
- Problem solving
- Able to work in teams and independently
- Able to critically evaluate and interpret the results of own work and of colleagues
- Good record-keeping skills
- Good math and basic computing
If you are interested in this position, we encourage you to send your motivation and CV to: [email protected]
By sending in your documents, you give us your consent to keep your records in our files, also after the procedure has been closed.
If you do not want this, please state this clearly.
OcellO B.V. is a fast-growing innovative CRO offering unique 3D cell culture-based services that accelerate pre-clinical drug discovery and development. OcellO’s best-in-class technology meets a growing need to reduce drug development costs. Founded in 2011, OcellO employs 25 people, and provides services for many of the leading global pharmaceutical companies. The company has an active R&D program to maintain its leading position as a provider of advanced tissue-based assays.
For questions about this position, contact [email protected]
Deadline for responding: 30 September