OcellO seeks an highly motivated and enthusiastic junior bioinformatician. You will be working on projects in close collaboration with diverse professionals. Specifically you will be responsible for the image and data analysis of the production of our (high throughput) compound test experiments. You will work together with scientists and ensure to thoroughly understand the experiments so you can critically discuss the expectations and the results. You will be a member of the IT team, consisting of bioinformaticians, software developers and ICT engineers to further develop and implement new algorithms and computational methods. For this you will need to keep up with the latest developments regarding image analysis, data science and machine learning. Next to this you will support the ICT support as a 2nd line of contact for internal issues.
- MSc/PhD in bioinformatics, biotechnology, nanobiology or similar
- Experience with programming languages (java, python, R or similar)
- Comfortable working in high performance computing and cloud (Office365) environment
- Comfortable reading, understanding and writing SOPs
- Experience with image processing is a plus
- Experience with microscopy is a plus
Personal & Professional Skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Proactive attitude with attention for details.
- Thorough: ability to carry out tasks with an eye for completeness.
- Self-organised: ability to focus and to plan accordingly and independently.
- Detail-oriented: analytical mind set, ability to pick up on important details.
- Problem solving: ability to identify problems (out of trend results, trends with equipment, or test results), discuss these with the team, and find a solution.
- Co-operative: ability to work within a team and with other teams to drive projects forward according to agreed time lines.
We are offering you
- Competitive salary
- Full-time or part-time employment
- 25 paid holidays (based on 1FTE)
- Flexible working days and hours
- Stimulating work environment with highly educated professionals
- Working for a company with high social relevance
To apply for this position, please fill out our application form: https://airtable.com/shrdohHBgNQs8IWol
The closing date for this application is 1 May 2021.
Recruiters: do not call us, we call you!
By applying you grant OcellO permission to keep your records in our archive, after the application procedure has ended. If you do not want this, please state this clearly.