As senior scientist you will be responsible for the coordination, planning, execution and development of commercial screening projects of tumour models, 3D cells cultures and tumour-derived organoid cultures. You will interact with customers, design customized projects, and manage the oncology projects. You will manage a team of scientists and assistant scientists and interact with the ICT team to coordinate the imaging and image processing. You will be responsible for quality control, the report generation and discussion of the project reports with the customer.
Responsibilities (but not limited to:)
- Designing customer project proposals based on customer specifications
- Study planning and resources procurement.
- Image-analysis QC
- Data analysis and report preparation
- Delivering customer reports
Research, development and communication
- Conceiving, developing and validating innovative biological models up to commercial implementation
- Contribute to the writing of grants and manuscripts
- Identify appropriate conferences based on scientific quality and commercial opportunity
- Write and submit abstracts to conferences, prepare conference posters, critically evaluate materials generated by junior personnel
Training and supervision
- Training and supervision of associate scientists and assistant scientists to run assays
- Critically evaluate performance of personnel
- Identifying potential customers via different channels
- Engaging potential customers online and at conferences and other events
- Identifying customer needs, proposing appropriate solutions based on company portfolio
- Communicating leads to relevant colleagues for follow-up
- Identify broader commercial opportunities of customer projects, ensuring that projects also deliver results that can be used for business development purposes.
- PhD biochemistry, cell biology, molecular biology, biotechnology or similar.
- When MSc, >5 years of working experience in a similar position
- Long-term experience with cell culture, preferably organoid culture.
- Basic knowledge of working with databases and LIMS
- Experience in report generation and image processing.
- Experience with reading, understanding and writing SOPs.
Personal & Professional Skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Pro-active attitude.
- Thorough: ability to carry out tasks with an eye for completeness.
- Self-organised: ability to focus and to plan accordingly and independently.
- Detail-oriented: analytical mind set, ability to pick up on important details.
- Problem solving: ability to identify problems and to find a solution.
- Co-operative: ability to work within a team and with other teams to drive projects forward according to agreed timelines.
We are offering you
- Competitive salary
- Full-time or part-time employment
- 25 paid holidays (based on 1FTE)
- Flexible working days and hours
- Stimulating work environment with highly educated professionals
- Working for a company with high social relevance
To apply for this position, please fill out our application form: https://airtable.com/shrdohHBgNQs8IWol
The closing date for this application is 24 May 2021.
Recruiters: do not call us, we call you!
By applying you grant OcellO permission to keep your records in our archive, after the application procedure has ended. If you do not want this, please state this clearly.